If you would like to become a volunteer at the MSPCA Rehoming Centre (working specifically with the animals) please complete one of our rehoming centre volunteer applications – MSPCA-Rehoming Centre-Volunteer-Application-Form revised october 2017 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the information and role descriptions below before submitting a form.
We can accept applications to the Rehoming Centre only if:
- You are able to commit to volunteer for at least 4 months, on a regular slot at least once a week or fortnight in most cases.
- You wish to volunteer in one of the roles listed below at the times needed (please note we only recruit for specific roles at specific times)
- You are over 16 years old
- You can take instructions and read notices in English (to a fairly complex level) as we are an English-working site.
- You are reliable and punctual
- You complete an application form and indicate which role you would like
- You are able to work in an older building which is an environment with lots of steps and narrow spaces.
- You can move easily and quickly around the kennels and be able to see and hear dogs’ behaviours and vocalisations in order to work safely with our dogs
- (if working with our cats) you will need to bend, lift and stretch.
- You can provide details of at least 1 reference who we can contact if needed.
We do not accept SOK or school project volunteers. You can find information about internships on this page http://spcamalta.org/internship-and-sok/
Unfortunately as familiarity with safe procedures and our animals is needed, we cannot offer placements for occasional volunteers nor corporate team-building days at the rehoming centre, however our fundraising or shops may have such openings – please click here: http://spcamalta.org/become-a-volunteer/
Current role descriptions and details are:
- Dog walking volunteer: Every day from 9 or 9.30am to 10.30 – or later walking a selection of dogs as directed by the staff according to which dogs are suitable and most in need. Currently needed for Monday, Tuesday and Friday and Saturday mornings ONLY: Role description here: dog walking volunteers november 2017
- Dog care volunteer: Every day of the week from 8am to 10.30am – helping our team with the morning cleaning and feeding of our dogs. Currently needed Monday, Friday and Sunday. You will need to attend regularly so you can get to know the dogs and they you. Role description here. dog care volunteers november 2017
- Cat care volunteer: From 9am to 11am – helping with the daily feeding and cleaning of our cat group. Currently needed for Monday, Tuesday and Fridays. Role description here: cat care volunteers november 2017
- Front of House volunteer – greet and chat with visitors, help with phone calls and ensure our entrance and reception is clean and tidy. This is a new role and we currently need volunteers from 10am to 4pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (with an hour for lunch). Role description here: Front of House 1. This role can also be combined with our Follow up Volunteer role.