We currently advertise all permanent roles on the website here and ask for applications by use of our application form. We use a standardised application without Date of Birth or Education sections to ensure we do not discriminate on age.
ANIMAL CARE & ADOPTION OFFICER: THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS VACANCY HAS NOW PASSED. DETAILS ARE REMINING ON THE SITE UNTIL RECRUITMENT IS CONCLUDED.
Animal Care & Adoption Officer. This is 40 hours per week role from 8am to 5pm working (normally 5 days in a row) across the week and including at least one weekend day every week. At the moment the role is on a fixed rota the same each week.
With a new management team and staff, we have made considerable progress in 2017, increasing our rehoming rates by over 75% and measuring our animal care and shelter standards against the Code of Practice of the UK’s Association of Dogs and Cats Homes, which we meet and exceed.
We have a vacancy available and there is considerable animal care work, including cleaning and feeding, but also gaining experience in the day-to-day management of a rehoming centre, including organising intake, rehoming, carrying out home visits, working to promote our Dogs Trust funded neutering programme, and acting as a caseworker for smaller groups of animals.
- The centre operates in English so you need an excellent and fluent command of spoken and written English but additional languages such as Maltese and Italian are advantageous.
- A full driving licence, able to drive a manual small van (Berlingo) is essential to the role,
- And demonstrable paid experience in an animal rescue environment, or an animal care qualification at least at level 2.
- You also need to be proficient at MS Word, Excel and ideally Publisher.
- Finally you must have the legal right to work in Malta already (we are not able to apply for work Licences for non-EU nationals).
Salary: It is a competence based salary scale so we will discuss this at interview as it will depend on experience and aptitude.
How to apply: Please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com YOU MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN OUR FORM. Do not send CVs, Europass documents or other non-standard applications as these will be disregarded.
Please send a brief but informative covering email with your application form. Application forms must be completed only by the applicant.
Download: APPLICATION FORM: DELETED 2/10/17
DOWNLOAD KEY DUTIES: DOCUMENT 3 FEB 2017 MSPCA ANIMAL CARE & ADOPTION OFFICERS KEY DUTIES
DOWNLOAD COMPETENCIES LIST: DOCUMENT 4 FEB 2017 ACAO Competencies.
Closing date 28th September 2017. THIS VACANCY HAS NOW PASSED BUT THE INFORMATION IS REMAINING ON HERE UNTIL RECRUITMENT IS CONCLUDED.